Thursday, May 1, 2008

Virginia Trip

We had a very nice trip to Virginia. Heidi did very well on the plane. We were so glad. We enjoyed being with family and friends. It rained the first few days we were there, so we had to change some of our plans. On Sunday morning we went to church at West End Assembly of God. This is where Eddie's dad attends church and the one he grew up in. The next few days we stayed at the house most of the time due to the rain. On Wednesday, Kim, a family friend, Heidi, and I went shopping at the Prime Outlets in Williamsburg. The guys stayed at the house. On Thursday, Kim, Heidi, and I went on the Historic Home and Garden Tour in Windsor Farms. During the month of April, Virginia celebrated their historic homes and gardens by giving tours. The homes and gardens were beautiful. The guys had a great time playing golf while we were on the tour. Eddie, his brother, Matt, and Heidi and I drove to Bracey, Virginia to visit their grandparents. Nana and Papa live on Lake Gaston which is in Bracey. My mother-n-law and her husband were also there so we had a great time with them as well. We were scheduled to leave Virginia at 9:42 am on Saturday and arrive in Dallas at 3:57 pm. When we arrived at the airport, they asked if we would be willing to switch to a non-stop flight to Dallas because the current flight was overloaded. Our original flight had an hour layover in Chicago, so this was good news to us. They told us we would leave Virginia at 1:44 pm and be in Dallas at 3:35 pm. We agreed to the offer and received two free ticket vouchers for doing it. Needless to say, we had a great time. Enjoy the pictures.


6 comments:

janet anglin said...

The pictures are beautiful! It's just how I rememeber Virginia looking. I'm glad you got to spend time with more of Eddie's family, and I'm so thankful Heidi did great on the trip. Sometimes those plane rides can hurt a babies ears. Good to have y'all back, though!!

Michelle said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful time! Those houses looked so beautiful. Heidi is getting so big, she is adorable!

Kim said...

Those houses were beautiful and it looks like yall had fun. Heidi's little outfits were too cute.Oh,Thank your my gift, I loved it:)

Christina said...

Well everyone else already said it all so I'll just say that I agree with their comments. Heidi looks beautiful all the time, and that's cause mom is doing a great job!

Kassie said...

Pretty pics...of course, Heidi's are the prettiest... :) :)
Glad y'all had a good time and made it home safely.

Keith and Carla said...

Heidi is growing so quickly! Glad you had a good time and made it home safely.