Sunday, January 7, 2007

The Five Top Secrets That You May Not Know About Me

I am finally posting the five things about myself. It took me a few days to think of them. Enjoy!

1.The most embarrassing moment in my life happened about a year and a half when a bunch of my family and friends went to General Conference 2005 together in Richmond, Virginia. While we where in Virginia, we all traveled to Washington, D.C. to take tours of the White House, the Capitol building, and the Pentagon. During the tour of the Pentagon, our tourist guide walked backwards. However, when we started going down the stairs the guide turned around and walked forwards. So, I made a comment about the guide not being able to walk backwards down the stairs. As soon as I had finished making my comment, I found myself falling down the whole flight of stairs. I was the first one down the stairs, so everyone behind me got to see my graceful show. Luckily, it was mostly friends and family who saw, but it was still embarrassing. Needless to stay, I learned my lesson about commenting on the way people walk down stairs.
2. I was born without cartilage in my left knee. The condition doesn't cause any pain except when my knee pops out of place. It tends to pop out of place when I am walking down stairs, running, skipping, etc. I blame falling down the Pentagon stairs on my knee condition.
3. For quite some time now I have been trying to figure out why I don't cook very much. The answer finally hit- I DON'T LIKE to cook. I know, I probably sound like an awful wife who starves her husband to deaf. But, trust me he is far from being starved. Regardless of my cooking disorder, I made a New Year's resolution to cook more and to make weekly menus to help motivate me to cook. Not only will eating at home help us eat healthier, but it will save money, which means that I can shop more. (I don't think I need to list shopping as one of my top 5 secrets, do I?)
4. I DON'T LIKE to drive! I despise having to drive everyday. If I knew I could afford a chauffeur, I would hire one. I waited until I was a junior in high school before I went to driver's education. I only took the class because I didn't want to ride a bus to school everyday, and Amber was graduating, so I didn't have anyone to drive me to school. I think I was the oldest one in the class. The other students couldn't believe that I waited so late to get my driver's license. They didn't understand the heartache it was for me to drive.
5. I was the salutatorian of my high school graduating school. It took a lot of work to accomplish, but I felt very successful at the end. Although I have done very well in college, I will not be the salutatorian at the MSU graduation in December 2007. I don't think I would be a sane person if I worked towards having the second highest GPA amongst thousands of other students.

Okay, now I pass the tagging onto my friends, Rebecca Warren and Tammy Bryant.

7 comments:

Karla said...

Good job, Ashley. Great stories and information about you.

Tammy Bryant said...

Okay, my little friend. You did a great job.
I am so sorry about the stairs but just one question, did anyone get it on video? LOL!!

Keith and Carla said...

I agree with you on the driving! I would rather be chauffeured.

Good job!

Gene Holley said...

I enjoyed reading your 5! I remember some of it. Aren't you glad you learned to drive though? There is no one who would want to take you shopping as much as you want to go- especially Eddie.

Misty said...

That was a fun trip to Washington D.C. and we can all laugh at it now. We all had interesting moments. :)
Good job on the 5.

Linda Elms said...

Ashley, I enjoyed your "5"! I didn't know about your knees, or you falling down the stairs! LOL!! That would have been awful. I hate falling! I cringed when I read that part. It hurts for one thing, but I do not like being out of control. I'm glad you learned to drive!

Rebecca said...

Hello friend!! Did you see the shoutout I gave you on my blog? Anyhow, thanks for tagging me!!