Last night after church service, Eddie took the oath of office to be a Second Lieutenant in the United States Air Force Reserves. Major Dan Bryant performed the ceremony. Eddie is in the Reserves as a chaplain candidate. God has worked everything out for him to be in this position. Eddie says this is like a dream come true. He believes God has called him to be an Air Force chaplain. He feels honored, yet unworthy at the same time, to be able to fulfill this calling. I have no doubt that he will greatly influence the lives of those serving our country. He has a tremendous testimony to share with others.
It will be a few more years before Eddie is an active duty chaplain. He has several more college classes to take to finish his masters degree and chaplaincy training to do. Becoming a chaplain in the Reserves is the first step towards becoming an active duty chaplain.
Congratulations, Edward! I am so proud of you! I love you!
Taking the oath
Signing the papers
Pinning on the bar
A happy family
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Congratulations, Edward!
Posted by Ashley at 12:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It was so meat to experience. I know God has great things for both of you! Love you.
Congrats Eddie!! It really was nice being able to share the moment with you. I couldn't help but think of where you were when I met you and how far God has brought you to this point. Think I'll just call you 'Leui' from now on.
FANTASTIC! INCREDIBLE! AWESOME! I'm very proud of you, Eddie!!!
Post a Comment