Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Christmas Memories

I have been reminiscing about Christmas the last few days and wanted to share a slide show of pictures with everyone. Despite spending the first week of December and Christmas Eve in the hospital with Eddie, I had a great Christmas. It was such a special time to be with my friends and family. I learned this year what the verse to a Christmas song really means. The verse says
"Christmas is all in the heart
That's where the feeling starts
And like a fire inside
It touches every heart
And even if no white snow falls
That's all right because
The joy can still be found
Wherever you are
'Cause Christmas is all
It's all in the heart"
The Christmas season is mine and Eddie's favorite time, but this year was a difficult one since he was sick most of the time. We could have chosen to be unhappy and had a bad Christmas, but we chose to be joyful and thankful. We were blessed to have many friends and family to share their love with us. And that is what Christmas is about-- the love and joy that can be felt. Thank you all for your love and support. Enjoy the pictures.


4 comments:

Michelle said...

Love your Christmas pictures, so glad Bro Eddie is feeling better!

Linda Elms said...

Ashley, I really enjoyed your Christmas Memories! I'm looking forward to the next few weeks. I know ya'll are excited about the "little one" coming!!! I am!

Christina said...

Glad you posted the slideshow! Just think Christmas this year and ya'll will have a new addition to enjoy the season even more. Oh, I think when you have children it just makes Christmas much more different and special. I'm so happy for you and Eddie and am continuing to pray for renewed physical strength for the both of you so that you will both feel strong at the time of your baby delivery.

Keith and Carla said...

Enjoyed your picture show. Congratulations on your graduation! Let us know when the baby arrives. Love you!