Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Student Teaching


This is my last week of student teaching at Jefferson Elementary. I will begin the second half of student teaching Tuesday, October 9 at Fowler Elementary. I am really sad that I am leaving Jefferson. I have had an incredible experience with my cooperating teacher and students. I am going to miss the kids so much. Children bring so much joy to life (most of the time LOL!). It is my heat's passion to see every child succeed. I believe God has placed this passion in my heart so I can be a blessing to these children and their families. It is my lifetime desire to make a difference in every child I teach. Teachers greatly impact students' lives. I hope and pray that I am a positive influence to every student.

One of the greatest things in life is to receive a hug and smile from a child. I start every morning by reading a story to the children and having them give me their biggest smile to start the day with. It is so touching when a child gives me a hug, especially the ones I know are probably not receiving them elsewhere. My cooperating teacher has been telling the children that this will be my last week with them, so when I left early yesterday to go to the doctor they thought it was my last day. When I stepped into the classroom this morning, they all ran up to me and gave me big hugs. They were so happy that I wasn't leaving until Friday. Words can not describe how glad I was to receive their hugs and know that I will be missed.

The next time a child offers you hug, do not hesitate to give a hug in return. You may not know the last time it has been since they have received one.

9 comments:

Sheree said...

My dear sister, I can think of no one better than you to make a difference in the lives of children. You are a shining example of God's love. I know where ever you end up God will use you greatly to influence the children around you.
I am so proud of all your accomplishments. I love you so much.

Lynda said...

Great post! I am sure you are a blessing to those children. I think that you chose an excellant career. Teachers have such an impact on their student's lives.

Madison S. said...

A teacher effects an eternity she never knows when her influence will stop....This is somthing I heard as a child and it has always stuck. It is so true the power a teacher has in a childs life. You will be a great teacher I am sure!

Christina said...

I always wanted to be a teacher when I was a child. I started in high school taking a PELE class for two years, it was a day care for teachers children and I loved it. Then when we lived in Center I worked with all age children at the Church school up until we moved and I loved that too! It was mostly volunteer work, but it doesn't matter when your heart is in it. I guess now I will be teaching my four children as long as I can! You and Eddie are going to be great parents, your natural attraction and love for children shows.

Michelle said...

I remeber student teaching, I still remember all the kids in my class. They were so sweet, and it just broke your heart when a few of them were obviously neglected at home. I hope you enjoy your next class as much as the first!

Linda Elms said...

Ashley, you are a SUCCESS just by being YOU! You have so much love to give to the children you teach, and they will forever be impacted by just being with you. I know wherever you go you will love the children and they will love you!

Lori Holman said...

Great Post!!! Glad to see you are still here with us...LOL! You look great! Those little girls in the picture remind me of how you were with me when you were a little girl...so sweet! Still as a beautiful lady, you are...so sweet! Love ya!

Tammy Bryant said...

Ashley, you are truly a blessing to be around no matter what the age!

Keep your shining attitude and you will see many smiles and receive many hugs just as you give also.

Thanks for being a great role model for the students and all people to see!

Keith and Carla said...

You will make a great teacher, Ashley! Love you...