Eddie and I have decided that we are not going to find out if our baby is a boy or a girl. Many of our friends and family have supported us on the decision while others are trying to persuade us that this is an awful idea. Not to mention any names, but grandmothers and aunts think that they need to know the gender of the baby so that they can plan for the future. You would think that they were the ones having the baby. What does a baby really need before it is born besides diapers, bottles, blankets, onsies, and a cradle? Everything else can be bought afterwards. There aren't many surprises in life, so we chose to let the gender of our baby be a surprise for us and everyone else. I think it will be fun trying to guess if the baby is a boy or girl. I have already been given lots of guesses. Besides, it provides everyone an opportunity to go shopping while I am resting in the hospital (hint, hint). LOL! So, the mystery remains until February 5, 2008- Is it a boy or a girl?
Note: Even if I wanted to change my mind, I definitely wouldn't now that I have created a whole post about it.
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Not Finding Out
Posted by Ashley at 11:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Good choice. That was so much fun guessing!
Eddie & Ashley, I TOTALLY support your decision. It was SO exciting to hear the doctor say "It's a boy!" That moment was priceless. Also, we have a list of what everyone guessed it would be in Cameron's baby book. It was a lot of fun!
I support your decision not to find out. I think it is fun guessing.
Ashley, it's just fine for you not to find out. Keep us all guessing and we will all be surprised and be excited when you let us know. Can't wait!
I totally support you not knowing what the sex of your child will be. I will also support Mom when she accompanies you to your next sono and SHE finds out what the baby will be. LOL.
P.s. I think it's a boy. I heard a new name Silas.(Like Paul and Silas) I think you should do a where people comment wiht cute baby names.
I admire your will power, I had to know whether my babies were boys or girls.
I will have to admit that I was too nosey!
Way to go Ashley & Eddie!!!! It's fun being surprised! Anything that someone buys and it's not the right color...that what the return counter is for!!!! LOL! (Don't let your mom go for your next sonogram! lol!)
Love ya,
Lori
I support your crazy decision,but I do not think you need to do what Andrew and Mandy did. Do not tempt yourself with an envelope. If I had an envelope it would be open before I got home. no matter what you decide it will be a special day either way!
We didn't know what Kris was going to be and it was exciting when he was born. Personally, I am a planner and I wanted to know so I could prepare as much as possible!
Your favorite cousin thinks Jeremy is a wonderful name for a boy and for a girl your favorite cousin's wife thinks that you are fully capable of naming your own child! Good luck, I could NEVER wait to find out!!! I can't even wait to open Christmas presents, Jeremy has to hide them from me. Waiting with baited breath to hear who is the next Howell. I hope Jackson is finalized before February then we will beat you!! ha ha
Post a Comment