Saturday, December 8, 2007

Update on Eddie

I wanted to give everyone an update on Eddie. He is doing much better. He is still in the hospital, but hopefully he can come home today. The doctors are still saying that he has a bacterial infection caused from the antibiotics he was taking after his appendectomy. He also has colitis which is inflammation of the colon. This was caused from the infection. The doctors say that it could take about a month to completely recover from colitis. The infection seems to be getting better. Since he is able to hold down food, he is now taking the antibiotics by mouth instead of by iv. Thank you all for your prayers and your visits. We still covet your prayers as he continues to recover from everything. God is our healer!

4 comments:

Linda Elms said...

Ashley, we are still praying for Eddie. I know he's going to be just fine! I love you!

Gene Holley said...

Thanks for the update! We have been saying a prayer. Glad he is doing better.

Mandy said...

I thought of you this morning, I am soooooo glad Eddie is better. I pray this is all over for the two of you. You have something big to prepare for!!! Love ya'll and glad to hear the good news!!!!

Tammy Bryant said...

So good to hear the good report. I am praying for you and Eddie. Y'all are so AWESOME!!!

Complete healing is not only on the way but in the process.